Sunday, June 15, 2014

89 Pounds

Congratulations, Kiki!
          With final projects and exams for Spring quarter of my 3rd year at UC Davis over and done, the long awaited summer has begun! I had a single afternoon and morning to pack up all of my belongings to fly over 2,000 miles to my new life as a summer intern at Kraft Foods. All of my "corporate casual" garments, shoes (including steel toed), exercise garb, lotions and potions were stuffed into two purple suitcases, with a total weight of 89 pounds.
            Before heading to the airport, I attended the FST (Food Science and Technology) Undergraduate Commencement Reception. Congratulations to all of the graduates!!!




               After the reception, I drove to my parents' home in the Bay Area to catch a wink of sleep before my 6am flight from San Francisco to Chicago. With my large sunhat, heavy backpack, and 2 suitcases holding the contents of my life, I hopped out of the car, hugged my brother goodbye (+asked him to snap this photo), and stepped through the automatic sliding doors to begin my summer adventures. This whole process was a really quick turnaround -- from laying siege in the library until I was ready for finals, to celebrating my graduating friends, to getting out of dodge to start a completely new way of life on my own, in a new place, with a new job.

           In this blog, I intend to share a bit about me, but mostly about my experiences and what I learn through pictures and some text. This entire blog is dedicated to my peers in Food Science, the Food Tech Club, devoted Departmental faculty and staff, friends, and my family. Especially, my mom. I couldn't have done any of this without her.

No comments:

Post a Comment