Sunday, June 15, 2014

Glenview, IL

The old Naval Air Station Tower
I am currently living in Glenview, IL. Glenview is a suburban village about 20 miles north of Chicago. This area is relatively wealthy -- on my morning run, I saw so many beautiful houses, expansive golf courses, plenty of shopping, and huge recreational parks. This town is BEAUTIFUL! The people are very fashionable and friendly. On my first day, a woman bought me a beer, and a general manager of a sandwich shop gave me a free salad!!


 The truly interesting thing about this particular part of Glenview is that this whole span of boutiques, restaurants, and Aloft apartments used to be a Naval Air Station for 58 years! A few of the restaurants have an aeronautical theme and provide fun facts about those days.

My creation @ Pinot's
New bike!
       I am really enjoying the chic shops, especially Pinot's Palette, which is a painting studio with a bar. The weather hasn't been too hot or humid for my first days here, but I expect that to change as the summer progresses!

     Since the nearest grocery store is a mile away, and I am car-less for the summer, I did what any Davis student would to solve the problem-- bought a bicycle off Craigslist! Classic Davis mentality. I can't wait to see even more of the area, and even plan some rides to other cities--maybe even Chicago!

     Don't worry about me because
 I'm having a blast in this town!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment