Sunday, June 15, 2014

Kraft Foods HQ - Northfield, IL

Evan Turek
The whole reason that I am here in Glenview is because of Evan Turek, who worked for Kraft Foods for over 30 years. Evan was the Senior Kraft Foods Fellow in the Strategic Research department of Kraft Foods Global, Inc. He was a leader in the field of food science and did not let his power and importance dissuade him from his mission of helping students like me with his personal guidance and career advice, as well his efforts to shape and mold future leaders in the field. When he passed away suddenly in 2011, his close friends and associates from the Institute of Food Technologists created a Memorial Scholarship and Internship with Kraft Foods in his name to honor his enthusiasm and support for students in Food Science. I applied, was interviewed, and gratefully selected.
I really encourage UCD FST students to apply to IFT scholarships next year and every year!

Aerial photograph of Kraft Headquarters


My position at Kraft is a Research and Development Intern under Dr. Andy MacPherson, a cereal chemist. I will be working at the Tech Center, down the road from Kraft Headquarters, just 3 miles from the Glen Town center, where I will be living for the summer. Sounds like a bike commute to me! 

Tomorrow (Monday) is my first day and I will be taking part in the New Employee Orientation, meeting with the IT guru for a laptop and to learn about the Intern Community. After that, I'll be picked up by my supervisor for the Tech Center orientation! 

No comments:

Post a Comment