Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pitchfork and Madison, WI


         Another benefit of having UCD friends staying in Chicago, is the amount of connections created!! First, free tickets to the Cubs game, and now a free VIP pass to the Pitchfork Music Festival at Union Park in Chicago. How'd I manage that?! When have I ever gotten to be a VIP at a concert?! My friend Evan's brother is the band manager for one of the bands playing at the festival. The artist is Giorgio Moroder, the "Father of Disco". He is now 74 and has officially won the title of "Oldest DJ". I also got to see Beck, and drink unlimited Goose Island beer, local to Chicago. It was a great day!!




      For my next part of my weekend adventure, I ventured with Scott, my mentor at Kraft, to Madison, Wisconsin for the farmer's market!! This market is HUGE compared to that of Davis --it surrounds the entire Wisconsin State capitol, and overflows down State Street. I am  considering University of Wisconsin Madison for graduate school, and this farmer's market experience just bumped up my interest in U of W Madison! Who knows, maybe one day I'll be wearing red and jumping for the Badgers!!



Pepper plants for sale!

So much produce! And all at great prices. I can see myself
coming here every Saturday, if I was a UWM student.

An actual bee colony on display at a Honey vendor's tent.

Jellies, jams, and sauces of every color, fruit, and spice!
I personally purchased a Scotch Bonnet fruit jam --spicy.

Enjoying a handheld Stella's
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie!

Ella's Deli: Unique to Madison and a kid's dream restaurant and ice cream parlor.
The restaurant is pretty much a food carnival experience!



What's that blue ribbon?? This cheese seen at the Farmer's Market
received First Place at the 2013 American Cheese Society Conference!
Wisconsin is known for its amazing cheese and I expect to see a lot of
Wisconsin cheese next week, when I attend the 2014 ACS Conference!!

Thank you Scott for showing me around Wisconsin, yet again!!





No comments:

Post a Comment